Karakusevic Carson Architects
- Winner Building Awards 2016 – Housing Project of the year. Backton Low Rise Phase 1
- Winner New London Awards 2016 – Masterplans & Area Strategies, Hackney Wick Central
- Commended New London Awards 2016 – Mayor’s Prize, Hackney Wick Central
- New London Awards 2014 – Best Mixed Use Scheme, The Faircham Creative Quarter
- Housing Design Awards 2014 – The Faircham Creative Quarter
- Bacton Low Rise Estate, Camden
- Colville Estate, Hackney
- Blackwll Reach, TowerHamlets
- The FenwickEstate, Lambeth
- The Kings Crescent Estate, Hackney
Project Focus - Kings Crescent Estate, Hackney
The London Borough of Hackney
Units and density:
765 dwellings: 490 new homes, refurbishment of 275 existing.
Kings Crescent is an ambitious estate regeneration project involving the comprehensive redevelopment of the Kings Crescent Estate in Hackney.
Karakusevic Carson were appointed in September 2013 following a collaborative competition to lead a team of architects including Henley Halebrown Rorrison Architects and public realm designers, MUF and are leading the project in the delivery of the first two phases of the masterplan involving 269 new homes and 101 refurbished homes.
Kings Cresent Estate, Hackney
NGneer® Services Provided by Nittygritty
Proactive planning of IT infrastructure upgrades and improvements. Working with firm stakeholders and covering:
- Aligning technology with business requirements
- Lowering the total cost of IT ownership
- IT support, hardware and software – Workstations
- Technical support, hardware and software – Server
- NGneers® reporting, planning and strategic advice
- Hardware and software procurement
- Kartessa, asset manager app from Nittygritty
- BigFileBox, file transfer app from Nittygritty
- BigSupportBox, helpdesk and support app from Nittygritty
BIMgineer® Services provided by Nittygritty
Working extensively in the public sector meant that Karakusevic Carson needed to adopt BIM processes in accordance with the UK Government BIM mandate. Nittygritty’s BIMgineers® assisted in the early implementation and training and have supported the practice in-house BIM manager to ensure project delivery via Revit runs as smoothly as possible.
Kings Crescent Estate, Hackney
Photos: Karakusevic Carson Architects