Conran and Partners
Our Work at Conran and Partners
Nittygritty BIMgineers® are involved with the business from the strategic level at one end through to supporting individuals at their desk.
Services provided include:
- a number of high-level ‘What is BIM’ workshops with associates and directors
- helping to set budgets and strategy for software acquisition
- Revit standards and protocols
- early stage massing and optioneering strategies
- Revit project set-up
- Team inductions and training
- ongoing Revit support
- legacy Microstation support and training
CAD, REVIT, BIM
In our experience ‘BIM’ is often mandated by our client’s client without full knowledge or awareness of what it is they are asking for. Many of the projects we are involved with at Conran and Partners use Revit for design delivery and spatial coordination without being true BIM. We see our role as one that understands and balances sometimes conflicting requirements without resorting to hackneyed BIM rhetoric, slogans or zealotry.
Outcomes and Results
- 3 residential projects delivered in Revit in Brighton
- 2 live Revit projects in London
- Assistance coordinating Microstation and Revit data on various projects
- Assistance coordinating Point-Cloud data with Project CAD information
- Multiple teams trained and supported in their use of Revit
- Raising of awareness of ‘BIM’
Phase 3 has received planning permission and includes 136 new homes, a community courtyard and plazas.
Awards and Projects
- The FX Design Awards for Best Mixed Use Development – Blake Tower
- Centre Point
- Greenwich Peninsula
- Aveo Range – Villeroy & Boch
Shortlisted for ‘Best Large Development’ at the National Housing Awards and listed in Regeneration and Renewal’s Top 100 Regeneration Projects, the Green Man Lane will provide over 700 new homes and amenities such as a gym, parks and cafes.
Located in West Ealing, the estate consists of seven, eight-storey blocks and four-story maisonette blocks with a number of three-story town houses. The estate had long suffered from anti-social behaviour, drug dealing and crime and needed more four-bedroom properties instead of the glut of one-bedroom homes that existed.
The masterplan called for demolition of the 464 homes and build of 700+ new affordable rent, shared ownership and homes for sale in four phases completing in 2022.